Links

Avalanche Conditions
CRITICAL TO CHECK.

Mountain Safety
Good information on traveling safely in the Canadian backcountry.

Ice Encyclopedia
Nice site providing route descriptions and photos for ice climbs in Alberta and BC.

Canmore Guide
Where to stay, eat, etc.

Rockies Climbing Cycle
Ice Season Progression--how to plan a trip to the Rockies.

Gravsports.com
The old Gravsports Ice Page--lots of info on past years, etc.

ACMG
Mountain Conditions Reports, good resource from guides in the area.

CASA
Climbers' access group, worth supporting.

Most Recent Photos
North Ghost devastated
Aquarious
Fearful Symmetry
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#15898 - 03/22/14 03:51 PM Re: After the ice is gone [Re: Scottw5]
Maury Offline
WI6

I think those are all great ideas. Likely that a few climbs get cleaned-up but no one never finds out. I cleaned up Murchison & Whimper Wall last summer, so they'll be clean for a few years yet. Whimper Wall had never been cleaned-up, notice the 2 conduits in the picture. Filled my backback with 80+ cord assemblies from Murchison. Curtain Call, Shades of Beauty are popular. Polar Circus must be disgusting, but getting in there wouldn't be soo easy...

#15908 - 03/23/14 08:37 PM Re: After the ice is gone [Re: Scottw5]
gmcdougall Offline
WI6

Maury: I want my conduit backů..

#16068 - 07/20/14 06:34 PM Re: After the ice is gone [Re: Scottw5]
Maury Offline
WI6

Hiked into Hydrophobia and Sorcerer on July 15, 2014 with Antonio. Camped at the bottom of the big hill and took a quad to the North Ghost. The ride in is as rough and windy as ever. The mosquitoes are almost deet resistant. Cleaned up both climbs, heaviest pack I've ever carried on the way out. 50L backpack full of wet cord. This is what we found AFTER the flood, must be tons more buried and we found cord as far as 500m downstream of Hydrophobia. Beautiful grassy spots with big boulders, hard to believe that 4 people worked a route up those roofs, and a pretty cool belay swing up high!!!

#16071 - 07/29/14 10:03 PM Re: After the ice is gone [Re: Scottw5]
Jonathan Offline
WI3

Loc: Calgary
Amazingly good work - a big thank you from me on behalf of climbers of all descriptions!! This is a great selfless act, and I wish more people in the world had this sense of responsibility.
-Jonathan
PS - did you give McDougall his conduit back yet??

#16109 - 10/07/14 07:10 AM Re: After the ice is gone [Re: Scottw5]
Grant P Offline
Status = Part timer
WI8

Loc: Calgary
I was up Ranger Creek a month or two ago with a buddy and we pulled out a bit of tat, surprisingly little I thought though. I think we each had about a grocery bag of tat. The 2013 flood probably buried all previous lost gear.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Random Radness
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 0 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Gravsports-ice.com

Also visit:

Gravsports.com