Links

Avalanche Conditions
CRITICAL TO CHECK.

Mountain Safety
Good information on traveling safely in the Canadian backcountry.

Ice Encyclopedia
Nice site providing route descriptions and photos for ice climbs in Alberta and BC.

Canmore Guide
Where to stay, eat, etc.

Rockies Climbing Cycle
Ice Season Progression--how to plan a trip to the Rockies.

Gravsports.com
The old Gravsports Ice Page--lots of info on past years, etc.

ACMG
Mountain Conditions Reports, good resource from guides in the area.

CASA
Climbers' access group, worth supporting.

TABVAR
Local org that replaces sketchy old anchors and crappy bolts. Give them money.

Most Recent Photos
North Ghost devastated
Aquarious
Fearful Symmetry
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#19169 - 07/16/17 08:55 AM wanted- Cassin X All Mountain
BillyKnight Online   content
WI1

Loc: Kelowna, B.C.
Hey everyone, I cannot actually believe that their is a forum for ice climbers in Canada. Loving this.

I will get straight to the point, I really really would like to get a Cassin X All Mountain Ice Tool to finish off my outfit for the winter. I have looked at some of the stores around where I live and they have them at stupid mark ups ($450!) so I am looking here to find something. I have done my research since last winter and decided that I really want this tool but I just can't afford the price they want for it here. Does anyone know of somewhere I can buy it from, possibly online that will be a more fair price? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you all have!

#19171 - Today at 03:30 AM Re: wanted- Cassin X All Mountain [Re: BillyKnight]
BillyKnight Online   content
WI1

Loc: Kelowna, B.C.
Originally Posted By: BillyKnight
Hey everyone, I cannot actually believe that their is a forum for ice climbers in Canada. Loving this.

I will get straight to the point, I really really would like to get a Cassin X All Mountain Ice Tool to finish off my outfit for the winter. I have looked at some of the stores around where I live and they have them at stupid mark ups ($450!) so I am looking here to find something. I have done my research since last winter and decided that I really want this tool but I just can't afford the price they want for it here. Does anyone know of somewhere I can buy it from, possibly online that will be a more fair price? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you all have!

Someone on here sent me a link to a website with people selling their ice tools in Canada and the States, and I found an awesome Cassin X All Mountain tool on http://www.used.forsale/climbing-axe for $300 less then shat I saw in stores around. Thanks for the help gang, hope it is a cold winter this year!

Moderator:  Will Test 
Random Radness
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (BillyKnight), 0 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Gravsports-ice.com

Also visit:

Gravsports.com